Friday, August 6, 2021

Soulless

 

I could not sleep so I took a shot and browsed my to read list that I have saved on the library website. I saw that Soulless was available so I checked it out. It is about time I finally found a book I enjoyed.


Alexia has no soul and thus she is an extreme oddity. Lacking a soul she is able to change supernatural beings back to human as long as she is able to touch them. It has been a good while since I found a character I like as much as Alexia, she seems real and had lovely character development. Despite being considered a spinster and lacking beauty Alexia is determined to find her own place in society. All this is well and good until supernatural beings start to disappear and soon Alexia is caught up in the middle of the mystery. 


All that said I did struggle with parts of the story, I do not typically read books that have vampires or werewolves since I spook easily. This caused me issues in the terminology used and I had to stop and look up words at random times to figure out what was going on with certain supernatural aspects. 


The writing was lovely but I wish it had a bit more steampunk to is since I love steampunk. Even the side characters were fully fleshed out with distinct personalities. I cannot wait to start Changeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment