Monday, August 23, 2021

Changless

 

Changeless is the second book in the Parasol Protectorate series. Like most series I read the second book left something to be desired then ended on a cliffhanger forcing the reader to want to know what happens.


Alexia is awoke to a commotion in the early hours of the morning by her obviously angry husband however  before she can figure out what is wrong Lord Maccon exits in a huff. Determined to find out what is going on Alexia begins to investigate and learns that something is afflicting the local supernatural all of them have been turned mortal. With their afflictions gone tensions run high as Alexia decides to investigate what is occurring. 


The writing was once again a bit off putting for my taste. I do not enjoy how the persons given name and last name are switched between all time, it throws off the flow of writing for me. I read the first half of the story much faster then the second half since I got bored about half way through. If not for the obvious cliff hanger ending I would stop with the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment