Sunday, April 18, 2021

Everless

 

I saw Everless while browsing the library ebooks and thought it sounded interesting.


Jules lives in a world where people are poor and thus sell the only thing they have to live, time. That was my first major problem with Everless I did not understand how the time system worked. It was not clearly explained until the very end and when a story is based on a magical currency it needs details on how it works from the very start. This was the main reason I kept reading I wanted to understand the currency system. I did not end up caring too much about Jules she was too predictable and easily manipulated by everyone around her.


I found the side characters far more interesting besides Roan, he was just boring. I am not sure the side characters are enough for me to continue on with the story though. The writing was not to my taste at all. Getting a lot of vague information dumped near the start of the story with a flat lead character made this a tedious read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment