Wednesday, October 14, 2020

The Chain

 

I cannot recall the last time I bought a new book but last weekend I went to the bookstore and The Chain happened to be the first book I looked at the in the bookstore. An hour later I walked out with it, the idea of the story was so engaging I could not focus on other books I looked at.

Everything is going right for Rachel, her cancer is gone, her divorce with her ex-husband final, and she has her daughter to be her guiding light. All that changes in an instant when a phone call comes in saying they have her daughter and in order to free her she must pay a ransom. That is not even the worse part of it, once the ransom is paid Rachel must kidnap another child. Horrified and sickened at the thought of someone having Kylie and knowing the only way to free her daughter is to steal another child has Rachel out of sorts to say the least. A mother's love knows no bounds though and Rachel is determined to not just be another link on the chain.

Fast paced, full of character development, and gets your heart racing at times. The Chain is one of the freshest stories I have read in a long time. Unlike most suspense stories I have read this one did not have corny make you jump out of your skin moments and it was utterly believable in a lot of ways. Everything about The Chain caught my attention from the start and kept it. I would gladly read more work by Adrian McKinty and I am actually looking up recommendations for other stories with a similar pacing and theme. 



No comments:

Post a Comment