Monday, August 12, 2019

Hounded

Despite a dozen people or more recommending The Iron Druid Chronicles over the years I had been putting it off. Finally I saw the library had a copy of Hounded in and finally grabbed it. I should have immediately signed up to be on the waiting list the moment I received the first recommendation.

Atticusis the last of the druids and has lived far past his time. Enjoying his quiet life of pruning the widow down the street's tree and running his bookstore Atticusis is happy to go on living in his quiet bubble of happiness. That bubble is about to break though, an old enemy has found his location and if playing for keeps. Determined to stay alive and keep everyone he cares about safe Atticusis walks a fine line as he draws upon his ancient knowledge and power. 

Despite Atticusis being the main character I felt like everyone in the story had a clear voice and wonderfully rich personality. The research was well done and despite the different language barriers among some of the mythical creatures and old Gods the writing was flawlessly woven together. I cannot wait to see what other adventures and mishaps await Atticusis and his mythical team of friends. I already have Hexed downloaded on my Nook and ready to go for this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment