Thursday, August 29, 2019

Hexed

Hexed is the second book in the Iron Druid Chronicles and it was just as full of action as Hounded.

Atticus just wants to live a quiet life running his bookstore and playing fetch with his dog. That does not seem possible though, having slain a God Atticus is now on every God's radar and they all want him for something. Minding his own business Atticus is pulled into yet another issue when someone tries to burn him alive if not for his special amulet he would not have survived. Forced into a new battle Atticus must call upon new and old allies as he learns even more about what it means to be known.

Everything so far about the Iron Druid series is action and I love it, each chapter is packed full of adventure. While I do not know much about the Gods and Goddesses that Atticus deals with Hearne does a wonderful job providing information on them and also provides a handy pronunciation guide that usually mentions who the person is. My only complaint about Hexed is that it sort of felt like two stories in one with a hint of a third story starting. I was able to keep things straight but with so much lore in the story I did get concerned about mixing things up. I have Hammered downloaded on my Nook and ready to read tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment