Thursday, December 27, 2018

Keys to the Demon Prison

Keys to the Demon Prison is the fifth and final book in the Fablehaven series. I am not sure how I felt about the conclusion of the Fablehaven series.

The build up was awesome and awe inspiring however I kept feeling like there was not enough time for everything to occur since it got down to the last couple of chapters. Overall it felt like the big ending was rushed and just sort of thrown together to finish off the story. I had hoped for more twists and turns and suspense.

I do like how Seth turned out, he learned a lot from his actions and how to deal with the events life tosses at him. Kendra was a huge disappointment for me in a lot of ways, I wanted more from her. While she is this immense ball of magic she never seemed to want to embrace it or use it for more then being a large battery for things.

Despite my drawbacks with the Fablehaven series I would consider reading other works by Brandon Mull he has an interesting writing style and I do like some of the character development he produces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment