Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas with the Sheriff

Christmas with the Sheriff was a Free Friday book and I wanted a good holiday read while my husband was working Christmas morning. Since my hand is still injured I am limited to Nook books still.

While Christmas seemed like it would play a prominent role in the story I did not get that feeling too much, a bit of mystery is what came across more for me. I wanted to know what happened to Julia and what ghosts were haunting her even then it was never presented as clearly as I would have liked when it was finally revealed.

Donovan came across as the typical single father. Cute little girl and desperate for someone to love them both. I wanted more magic and more of a Christmas feel to it. Maybe I was just not in the mood for Christmas story like I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment