Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Great and Terrible Beauty

A Great and Terrible Beauty was not what I expected it to be at all and I was rather bored with the whole book. I kept waiting for the actual story to start. The pacing was slow, full of fluff, and I did not care about a single character.

Gemma dreams of going to London and after the death of her mother that dream comes true. Arriving in London her Grandmama quickly packs her off to a boarding school where Gemma meets three girls and their adventure soon begins.

I just did not like the book at all. The story did not appeal to my taste and I just wanted to be done with it. I will not be reading the other two books.



2 comments:

  1. It's an honest review. Welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly dislike writing a review on the more negative side. I read all 400 pages and I would be hard pressed to even tell you what the book was about sadly. Thanks for the comment, have a great day/night.

    ReplyDelete