Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Next to Disappear

 

Next to Disappear is an old Free Friday read that I finally got to. 


Emily's life has fallen apart and she wants a fresh start. Moving into the city from a small country cabin will provide her with a change of scenery and a chance to escape her demons. All that goes wrong though when she learns that the woman who use to live in the apartment disappeared. Determined to find out the truth Emily follows a trail of crumbs left behind by Alina as she searches to prove Alina's husband is the one that is responsible for her disappearance. 


I did not figure out the mystery, not even close, it was refreshing to have a story that made sense but still kept the reader guessing at every turn of the page. Part of the writing was sort of boring and the slower parts of the story I did end up skimming at times. I did like Emily a lot she showed a lot of emotions and behaved like I would imagine someone with severe trauma would act. I already have Mind for Murder checked out from the library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment