Friday, December 16, 2022

Last One Home

 

I realized I should have read Last One Home before A Girl's Guide to Moving On when I was about half way through Last One Home.

Cassie has been running her whole life it seems like, running from home, running from an abusive husband, running from one problem to the next. Yet when a problem she cannot run from appears Cassie is determined to make it work. Excited to have a house through Habit for Humanity Cassie is at a lose when she runs amuck of the site manager Steve. Shocked at seeing someone so like his deceased wife Steve is not sure how to respond when the spunky woman shows up saying she will being helping build the house before hers. Soon the two find themselves drawn together as the pieces of their lives entangle causing more drama then either know what to do with. 


Mrs. Macomber is a consistent writer with strong story lines and a flair for the dramatics. A fast read for me and I did like the characters. Not as much humor as previous books but it did discuss difficult topics which I appreciated since it shows that women can overcome many different types of obstacles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment