Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Perfect Girl

 

The Perfect Girl sounded interesting so I figured I would give it a try. I am not a fan of time skipping stories and normally I avoid them.


Zoe made a mistake, she drove drunk and killed three people. Having done her time she is once again out in the world and trying to get her life back in order. Determined to make her "second chance family" work Zoe and her mother have not told them anything about Zoe's dark past. It seems to be working until things come to light in a very public way. With dirty little secrets coming out for both sides of the family Zoe does not know who to trust or what to do when things go wrong.


The writing was not my favorite sure it was smooth and easy to understand. Despite that I did not like the characters they all came off as flat and boring to me. Parts were added that made no sense. I am not really sure why Zoe's solicitor was added to the mix except to make things more complicated. I did not care about him or his problems. Lots of unneeded moments were added that just annoyed me. I will not be seeking out other books by Gilly Macmillan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment