Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Travelling Cat Chronicles

 

I grabbed The Travelling Cat Chronicles out of a local Little Free Library. It took me two tries to really get into the story but I am glad I did not give up on it. 


A stray cat who is happy to be a stray cat has its life change when hit by a car. Unsure what to do and in terrible pain the cat approaches a man who feeds him. Quickly the man takes the cat to the vet and cares for the cat while he is healing. During this time the two start to form a bond and soon the cat is named Nana and Satoru is a proud owner. 


All of a sudden life is turned upside down when Satoru takes Nana on a journey across Japan to find him a new home for some unknown reason. Along the way the two meet up with various people from Satoru's past as he searches for the perfect home for Nana. 


I have never read a story told from a cat's point of view before. Hiro Arikawa made Nana seem so real that often I forget he was a cat. The story was vivid with lots of moments that pulled at your heartstrings. Bits of humor were added in and I like how the story had a epilogue that answered all my questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment