Friday, November 20, 2020

Confessions of a Shopaholic

 

Confessions of a Shopaholic was in the local free little library so I grabbed it since I saw the movie years ago and vaguely recalled it was amusing. Even better my memory was correct and I laughed my way through the story.

Becky is not a fan of his boring job at a financial magazine at all but she likes the paycheck which pays for her shopping sprees. Happy with her life of splurging on anything her heart desires Becky ignores all the financial advice she writes about as she happily hands over her visa card every time her debt account is empty. Not really caring how much she is spending Becky has a bit of a break down upon receiving her bill and decides it is time to turn her life around.

I really have very vague memories of the movie but I recall liking it which was the case with the book until I got to the very end. It just stopped, horrible way to end a book. I understand that it is a series but some sort of transition needs to occur between books, I was looking to see if someone had torn pages out of the book but alas that was not the case. While I would like to know what happens further with Becky I am not sure I will continue with the series since the ending was so abrupt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment