Friday, February 9, 2018

Pretty Little Liars

Last year I read The Lying Game and loved it so I finally checked out Pretty Little Liars from the library. Pretty Little Liars is a bit slower to start then The Lying Game was but none the less it held my attention long enough for me to finish it and check out Flawless from the library.

It has been three years since Alison disappeared and her best friends have moved on with their life after facing the struggled that Alison may never come back. Starting high school the girls eagerly anticipate ruling the school as the cliche group to be in but that dream is soon crushed when the girls start getting notes, texts, and emails reminding them of  their deep dark secrets. Each message is simply signed A and the girls do not know what to think.

It did take a bit for the suspense to build and really get me to the point where I could not put the story down. I do enjoy Sara Shepard's writing style and the way she builds up characters. I do hope to continue with the series and get to each girl along with their secrets. My only issue with the story right now is how self centered each girl is but hopefully they outgrow that as the story progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment