Saturday, January 20, 2018

Day of the Dragon

Day of the Dragon is the first book in the Warcraft series and I have waited a long time to read it. I was beyond excited to find it on the shelves of the local second hand store.

Rhonin is a young and upcoming mage among the Kirin Tor but he lacks discipline and dedication. That is why when a dangerous mission arises Rhonin is chosen. With the war between the alliance and the horde continuing the Kirin Tor decide that it is time the Orcs stop using the dragon queen, Alexstrasza, to breed a dragon army. Knowing the mission is dangerous and that stealth is a must Rhonin is chosen for the task. Traveling across the land is dangerous and hard to navigate so the Kirin Tor enlist the help of the elves getting a ranger to guide Rhonin. Veera is not overly fond of her assignment but she obeys orders and she did take an oath to see her mission through to the end. 

I enjoyed the writing style a lot except for all the cliff hangers, so many of them. Just when something exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time happened the story would jump to someone else. Drove me crazy but also made me want to read faster. I do hope to be able to find the rest of the series and continue to learn more background about characters I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment