Monday, October 16, 2017

Rebel of the Sands

Rebel of the Sands had been sitting on my bookshelf for a while, I knew nothing about it when I finally picked it up and I highly regret putting it off so long. Once I started I could not stop reading and I was quickly drawn into Amani's desert world. 

Amani is a young girl desperate to escape her dead end desert town where her uncle is ruthless and cruel. Despite the risks Amani masquerades as a male and enters the shooting firing pit hoping to earn enough money to run away. Instead of winning the pot with her well honed gun skills Amani meets a young foreigner who changes her life and becomes her way out of Dustwalk. Embarking on a journey with the mysterious foreigner Amani learns about the world outside of her small town through trials and tribulations. I loved Amani she was so entertaining and felt real, her flaws, character, personality, and choices made her a well rounded developed character. 

Rebel of the Sands is written entirely in first person however I still felt like I got to know the vast array of side characters and enjoy their personality. The writing was quick, delicate, and perfect for the character of the story. I am already on the waiting list for Traitor to the Throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment