Friday, April 14, 2017

An Uexpected Wish

An Unexpected Wish was a free book for Barnes and Noble readouts. The cover was so cute I had to give it a try. Plus I love a good period romance.

Anne felt like a typical character, the oldest she was left to take care of her two younger sisters when her brother threw them out. Putting her hopes on her beautiful younger sister Anne works at setting up a match that will get them out of the poor house. In order to escape the stress of her life she walks the Fairy Steps and finally makes a local superstition come true, reaching the top without touching the sides. Unable to resist Anne makes a wish for a handsome and rich husband for herself. Feeling silly she starts to fall apart when the men in the town begin to court her unexpectedly.

I would have liked to see a bit more humor, moments felt repeated and overused at times. It was a cute idea just a bit too much filler in it for my taste personally. It did not hold my attention enough that I will pursue the stories about the younger sister's finding love. The intimate scenes were too much for my at times as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment