Tuesday, September 22, 2026

The Whisper Man

 


I finally found a book worth reviewing. I also had a struggle trying to get a copy of The Whisper Man. The new bookstore could not order it for some reason, the library did not have it in any format, and the used bookstore did not have it either. When I was out of town I went out of the way to go to Barnes and Noble to get a copy.

So many characters and points of view yet I felt like I knew all the characters. The story was heavy with male characters and yet it worked. I liked seeing things from males point of views in a thriller since I am not overly familiar with that format.
 
The drawbacks it is a slow moving story the whole time. It was just eerie enough I kept reading. I was actually hesitant to read the story since it was listed as horror but no part of the book scared me. As a child goosebumps scared me so either I outgrew being scared of books or I just found nothing scary about the story. 

The writing was well done and a lot of words are in the book. It has a lot of words on every page and the book itself is dense. If you want fast paced and cliff hangers on each chapter this is not the book for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment