Sunday, April 28, 2024

The Apothecary Diaries

 

The Apothecary Diaries is the first in a manga series. However I have never read a manga like it before. Instead of it being a comic it was like a chapter book with very few pictures. Despite this I really enjoyed the story and all the characters. 


Maomao is interesting, she just wants a peaceful life with out drama or attention of men. As the story progresses you learn how far Maomao goes to make avoiding men happen. Despite being a lowly servant Maomao has several things going for her, she can read, has strong wits, and knows how to diagnose and treat ailments of the women in the inner palace. 


The writing is smooth and easy to read. All transitions are easily marked and I never once lost track of what was going on. I really want to watch the anime now but I am going to finish reading the series before I watch the anime. Since I thought it was a picture manga I checked out volume one and two the same day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment