Thursday, May 27, 2021

Peter and the Starcatchers

For some reason it wont let me post the picture of the cover. :(


I grabbed Peter and the Starcatchers out of the local free library for my husband. However I was out of books to read so I gave it a try. 


Pete is an well rounded and active little boy. His character came off as totally believable and I loved every moment the story focused on him. Having grown up in an orphanage Peter is anxious about what is going to happen to him and his mates when they are put aboard a ship that has clearly seen better days. Freaked out that his friends and him are to be servants to a king and have to eat wiggling worms for food Peter is determined to make life aboard the ship more bearable. One evening while sneaking out for food he bumps into a girl who is a first class passenger and strikes up a friendship with her. 


Molly is not accustomed to being on a ship as poorly maintained as the Neverland however she is not one to complain. All is fine with her except for the fact that an orphan boy is determined to find out the secret of the chest that the Neverland carries. 


While this is a story for middle school age children it did highly entertain me, I constantly found myself saying just one more chapter. The pacing is well done and I never found a part boring or long winded. Molly came off as a bit too perfect at times but sine the story was more about Peter I am alright with that. Everything read smoothly and the transitions between characters points of view were fantastic. Despite being part of a series I feel like all the loose ends were tied up. With that said I am eager to read Peter and the Shadow Thieves



No comments:

Post a Comment