Saturday, September 26, 2020

Deadly Gamble

 

Deadly Gamble is the first book in the Charlie Parker mystery series. I did not realize it was a series when I started it. A few days ago the library was having problems checking out ebooks so I just searched what I had downloaded and randomly choose Deadly Gamble. My guess it is a Free Friday grab from ages ago.


Charlie is perfectly happy with her life as an accountant where she works with her brother who is a private investigator. One day while her brother is out of town an old friend shows up begging for help. Not wanting to say no to a friend Charlie reluctantly agrees to help out. Soon the case goes from recovering a missing watch to a murder mystery. Determined to figure out what is going on Charlie continues to search for clues.


This was a fast read that focused on the story and I really appreciated it was just mystery focused. No love triangle and no sex scenes. Parts of it were really hard to believe at times and some of the research seemed a bit rushed at times. Maybe the series gets a bit more real feel to it as it continues but it is not one I am actively going to seek out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment