Saturday, May 19, 2018

Of Neptune

Of Neptune is the third book in the Syrena Legacy trilogy. Oddly enough I enjoyed the second book the most and most of the time I tend to find the second book in any trilogy unsatisfactory in some way.

Emma feels out of place, seen as a abomination by the Syrena she does not wish to live in the ocean. However she fears humans finding out she is half merperson. Torn on what to do she follows her grandfather's advice and decides to visit Neptune with Galen. Amazed to find a whole town full of half breeds and humans living in harmony Emma is immediately enticed by the life that could exist in Neptune for her.

Galen cannot wait to get Emma away from everyone and have her all to himself so when she suggests visiting a town in the middle of no where he is all for it until he finds out the town is full of half breeds living a normal life. Horrified at the thought of losing Emma Galen lets his temper get the better of him and runs off to do what he thinks is right and tell his bother, the Triton King, about the town.

Of Neptune reminded me a bit of the first book interesting in parts but slow for the rest of it. I had a hard time finishing the story and I even had nothing else to read. I am glad I did read all of Emma and Galen's story but over all it felt like the story contained a lot of unnecessary filler. While I liked enough to have gained something form reading the trilogy the writing did not entice me enough to seek out more of Anna Banks work.

No comments:

Post a Comment