Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Other Einstein

Women's history has always fascinated me so when I noticed a book about Einstein's first wife in the local bookstore I knew I had to read it. The Other Einstein is a fascinating book written from Mileva Einstein's point of view.

Mileva was an interesting character and obviously a strong woman to attend a university at a time when women were suppose to stay home, tend to their husbands, and raise children. Clearly she was brilliant and I did get the impression throughout the whole story that Marie Benedict assumed Albert's interest in her was to use her impressive intelligent to advance his own ideas. This became more apparent as the story went on, while this is a work of fiction I would like to think that Marie Benedict did get some of her assumptions correct. 

The writing was smooth and clearly creating a vivid picture of Mileva's lifestyle and dreams. I would read more of Marie Benedict's work.

2 comments:

  1. Is this Historical Fiction, or non-Fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is historical fiction, the author did state where things were changed but despite that I could see the heavy research that went into the background of learning about Mileva's life.

    ReplyDelete