Saturday, February 24, 2024

None of this is True

 

None of this is True is a trip all it's own and I almost quit after reading two chapters.


Josie is a middle aged woman enjoying her birthday at the local pub with her husband when she spies the glamorous Alix having a birthday celebration as well. Instead of being with just her husband several people are also at the table and Josie is curious how old Alix is turning and who all the people at her gathering are. Little did the two women know soon their destines would be intertwined as Josie makes it her personal mission to share her life story with Alix and learn Alix's life story at the same time.


The story was so ordinary and just mundane then suddenly wham it took off and I could not put it down. I read two thirds of it in one sitting. I just had to know more and more. The pace at which information was provided was perfect, small tidbits but enough to keep you wanting to read more. Some of the revelations I figured out and some I did not. The ending was perfect and I have my own conclusions, which are no doubt different from other readers, however I am not left wondering. To be able to write open ended and not leave the reader wondering is insanely talented. I look forward to more novels from Lisa Jewell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment