I don't do horror at all, as a kid Goosebumps terrified me. I did not read the books and in class when it was Halloween and we were watching the show the teacher let me go to the library because it scared me so badly. However I enjoy Jeneva Rose and decided to step out of my comfort zone to give Sometimes I Scare Myself a try.
The first story Never Kill the Medium was my least favorite of the three. It just did not hit me as interesting or really scary. It was gory though.
The second story The Nightmare House was my favorite. I ate it up in one sitting and just could not stop reading. I liked the characters, the plot, and even the ending.
The third story All Curses are Final sounded the most interesting to me. I even liked it up until the very end. The ending was lack luster and just felt like the story was being wrapped up too quickly.
Gentle spoiler if you read the acknowledgements Mrs. Rose admits that one story will get a sequel and I am hoping it is The Nightmare House. Of all the stories that is the only one that scared me in parts.

No comments:
Post a Comment